The Emory Integrated Genomics Core (EIGC), one of the Emory Integrated Core Facilities (EICF), is supported by the Winship Cancer Institute, the Georgia Clinical & Translational Science Alliance, and the Emory University School of Medicine. We help investigators use the latest genomics technologies in their research. Please contact us so that we can discuss your experimental needs.
- Holiday Schedule: We will be following the Emory University closure schedule and will be open for business on 12/22, 12/27 and 12/28, but with limited staff
- Illumina HT12 Chip Discontinued 12/9/16
- The HumanHT-12 v4 Expression BeadChip Kit will be discontinued on December 9th, 2016. Suggested alternatives include the TruSeq Stranded Total RNA, TruSeq RNA Access, and TruSeq Stranded mRNA kits for RNA sequencing. Illumina remains committed to providing you with high-quality support and service during this transition.
- Important Information Regarding Illumina Methylation Arrays
Illumina is replacing the 450K methylation array with the MethylEPIC array. Illumina will continue to take 450K orders through end of this year. Going into next year they will accept orders manually quoted only and will have limited inventory. Any order starting Jan 1st will have to have pre approval from product management first. After March 2016 the 450K array will no longer be available. The MethylEPIC array is shipping now.
The 450K has a minimum sample count of 24. The new MethylEPIC array is 16.
Input is the same for both: 500ng intact gDNA, free of contaminants and inhibitors plus an additional 5ul-10ul of sample for QC.
- Fluidigm has launced Scripthub, the open app sharing site for investigator developed C1 protocols. We have a C1 - if you see something you would like to try, please contact us.
Our Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) environment provides support for DNA/RNA extractions, CLIA genomics assays, and clinical trials support (CLIA ID: 11D1086150).
Next-generation sequencing (including whole genome, exome, microbiome), high-density microarrays, targeted enrichment, and single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) genotyping are just a few of the services we offer.
Custom Cloning Division
We have designed a streamlined process that is able to generate DNA constructs efficiently, rapidly, and at low cost. These state-of-the-art cloning methods allow us to support a wide variety of custom cloning projects. We consult with investigators to offer experimental and cloning design advice, provide clients with some vectors, and full sequence maps for every projects. We have performed more than 4,000 custom cloning projects, resulting in hundred of publications, patents, and grant submissions. For details, please click here
Submit a project
The Emory Integrated Genomics Core (EIGC) is one of the Emory Integrated Core Facilities (EICF). We use PPMS to provide access to our services and track your projects. Please click here if you need an account established for your use.