The Robert P. Apkarian Integrated Electron Microscopy Core (IECM), one of the Emory Integrated Core Facilities (EICF), is supported by the Emory College of Arts and Sciences, the Georgia Clinical & Translational Science Alliance and the Emory University School of Medicine. We provide investigators with instrumentation, technical assistance, and training in transmission and scanning electron microscopy. Please contact us so that we can discuss your experimental needs.
- Conventional TEM & SEM imaging of biological and materials science specimens
- Cryo-high resolution SEM imaging of frozen-hydrated specimens
- Cryo-high resolution TEM imaging of frozen-hydrated specimens (development & collaboration-based)
- Negative staining
- EM and LM enzyme-cytochemistry
- EM and LM immunocytochemistry
- Conventional light microscope imaging
- High pressure freezing, plunge freezing, and self pressurized rapid freezing
- Cryo-substitution and embedding
- Standard EM & LM sample embedding
- Standard ultrathin and semi-thin microtomy
- Ultrathin and conventional metal film coating (Au, Au-Pd, Cr)
Submit a Project
The Robert P. Apkarian Integrated Electron Microscopy Core (IECM), one of the Emory Integrated Core Facilities (EICF), is supported by the Emory College of Arts and Sciences and the Emory University School of Medicine. We use PPMS to provide access to our services and track your projects. Please click here if you need an account established for your use.