About the Robert P. Apkarian Integrated Electron Microscopy Core
The Robert P. Apkarian Integrated Electron Microscopy Core (IEMC) provides unique services to Emory clinical and basic researchers. The services include:
- Conventional TEM & SEM imaging of biological and materials science specimens.
- Cryo-high resolution SEM (cryo-HRSEM) imaging of frozen-hydrated specimens.
- Conventional light microscope imaging.
- Negative staining.
- Standard EM & LM sample embedding.
- Standard ultrathin and semithin microtomy.
- High pressure freezing (HPF) and self pressurized rapid freezing (SPRF).
- Cryo-substitution and embedding.
- Ultrathin metal film coating.
- EM and LM enzyme-cytochemistry.
- EM and LM immunocytochemistry.
- Basic image analysis and image processing for grants and publications
Please contact us at EMCore@emory.edu for additional information.
|Elizabeth R. Wright, PhD||Director|
|Hong Yi, MS||Technical Director|
|Jeannette V. Taylor, MS||EM Technologist II|
|Arthur McCanna||EM Engineer|